POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : it might be an idea : Re: it might be an idea Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: it might be an idea
From: newsadmin
Date: 1 Jul 1999 11:17:22
Message: <377b85ac.16084843@news.povray.org>
I am open to the idea of doing this, provided it was worthwhile.

I own the domain 'raytrace.com' which I could use for hosting. i.e. you could
have 'yourname.raytrace.com', or 'www.raytrace.com/yourname', depending on the
type of server you want (a full virtual server like the former would cost
more). The pages would be physically located on the POV-Ray server.

But it's not worthwhile unless I get some idea of how many folks would pay for
this, how much they'd be willing to pay for setup, and how much per month
they'd pay.

We can't compete against the 'free' web sites, and wouldn't even be competitive
against most of the non-free ones, but at least in the process you'll get an
ad-free ad popup-free web site and help fund this system at the same time.

-- Chris